Can Pixboom Spark be controlled over Ethernet via a wireless router?

Hi everyone, 

During a shoot yesterday in a complex environment (lots of obstacles and wireless interference), the Spark’s built-in wireless connection to my iPad was inconsistent and dropped at times. I’d like to set up a more reliable connection over a longer distance.

The setup I’m considering:

  1. Connect a USB-C to Ethernet adapter to the Spark.
  2. Run an Ethernet cable from the adapter to a portable wireless router (powered by a USB-C power bank) which has strong Wifi 6 or 7 . 
  3. Connect my iPad to that router’s Wi-Fi network and control the Spark from the Pixboom app.

My questions:

1. Does the Spark support wired Ethernet communication through a USB-C to Ethernet adapter?

2. If this setup isn’t supported, do you have any other recommendations for improving range and connection stability in difficult environments?

Thank all! 

_ 

This is my diagram. I’m curious if Pixboom Spark is supported.