I wanted a top handle for the Spark that would let me hold it in a balanced way, yet still allow unobstructed access to the screen. I don’t have the official cage but I found this SmallRig 90mm NATO Rail BUN2484 (US $16 on Amazon) that fits perfectly on the top. You need one of the 1/4-20 screws that comes with it, plus two 4mm screws and washers.
Then I added a SmallRig Rotating Top Handle with NATO Clamp 4152 (US $70). It attaches to the rail with a quick-release clamp, and it’s still captive if you release the thumb screw so it won’t come off without pressing the spring-loaded button on the rail. The release button on top lets it rotate 360 degrees so you can point it rearward where it’s well-balanced but obstructs the screen somewhat. The screen is still usable though.
I can just push the button and quickly turn it 90 degrees so it’s out of the way of the screen. I don’t find it quite as comfortable to hold in that position, but it works and the screen is fully accessible.


